After posting about the “Humalog” that I had hidden away from my son in the deep freeze, I was asked to post the recipe and carb count. Upon further investigation…well I have no clue as to how he counts the carbs in this! I believe we used to use a fudge carb factor. In any case, I have figured out the carb count for the entire recipe. Sorry, you will have to weigh the logs yourself to get a carb factor or divide by general piece size for a general carb value per piece because as yesterday’s post indicated, the logs in our house are disappearing very quickly and can no longer be accurately weighed.
So from our house to yours, Happy Holidays! and enjoy some “Humalog” with your Christmas dinner!
Chocolate Yule Log…AKA Humalog
1c icing sugar
8 oz colored miniature marshmallows
5 squares of semi sweet chocolate
5 tbsp margarine.
- Mix icing sugar, marshmallows and coconut in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and margarine.
- Add egg to chocolate mixture and stir until thick.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the marshmallow mixture. Mix well.
- Cut two long pieces of aluminum foil and sprinkle foil with extra coconut.
- Divide chocolate mixture in two.
- Form two logs–one on each piece of foil. Roll in the coconut or sprinkle on top after the logs are formed.
- Roll up in the aluminum foil to hold the log shape and chill in refrigerator or freezer. Slice to serve.
498g of carbohydrates for recipe. 249g per log.
*walnuts can also be added to the marshmallow mixture